Tuesday, September 3, 2013

So about that Master Cleanse...

In my defense, it was my birthday and the first long weekend I've had in months. I really do want to try it and I probably will start it sometime this week...

Okay, I'll go buy the stuff today. Just a couple of days late. That won't harm anybody.

Moving on. Let me tell you about my birthday weekend!

Friday (the actual birthday)- All I have to say about Friday is that my girlfriend is phenomenal and my mom has outdone herself. 

-Let's start off with mom; I've been working pretty hard lately to get myself out of debt but it tends to leave me frustrated because I have to scrimp and save so much. The main target of this frustration is the fact that I no longer have a smartphone. Yes I know how shallow and materialistic that sounds and believe me I do kick myself about it. The point is that my mom decided to reward my hard work by getting me a tablet for my birthday. Needless to say, I am in love with it. It is a sick and beautiful obsession. Honestly though, the best part of the gift was getting the sense that my mom does see that I have changed and that she does take notice in how hard I'm working. It definitely gives me a lot of hope for our relationship in the future.

-Now on to the girlfriend; Did I mention she's phenomenal? She came to my job and surprised me with balloons and a tiara and a perfume shaped like a cat! I was in heaven. I totally wore the tiara for like 86% of the rest of the day. Later on that night she took me out to dinner and we had a really nice time and had some really great food. She totally had the intention of getting the waiters to sing to me but because of some mishap that I will not share with the internet, it didn't happen, which was good because I would've felt really awkward I think. We went back to her house where I had even more surprises waiting for me. Her little sister made me a super sweet birthday card and her mom made me a really cute necklace that is like the epitome of everything that I like (thanks again Mel!). The final surprise was an adorable birthday cake she made me along with her sister. They sang me happy birthday and when I went to blow out the candles I realized I had nothing to wish for. I've been blessed with an incredible person who loves me and works hard to make me happy every single day. I am so very thankful for her and I hope she feels like I work hard to make her happy as well.

Saturday- Spent it relaxing at the mall and then at my girlfriend's house. It was really nice and chill. Kinda really wish it was Saturday again but let's not dwell on the past.

Sunday- I slept. Played Sims Freeplay and watched Disney movies on Netflix, then slept some more. It was awesome.

Monday- We finally made it to Key West. Even though it was just a quick day trip and it was sweltering the entire time we were there, it was a very fun day. We toured Hemingway's house and I pet (stalked) a whole bunch of the cats. We walked Duval St and saw lots of cool stuff, like the lady that had a monkey in a baby stroller. I'm not even remotely joking. I also may have stalked her a little bit too... We walked, a lot. We laughed, a lot. By the end of the day we were completely wiped out. We ended our trip with dinner at Cracker Barrel and I fell in love with the food. Definitely will be doing it all again.



I hope your long weekend was fun and eventful as well. I'll post pics as soon as I take the disposable camera to get developed. It's cute and old school okay, don't judge me.

No comments:

Post a Comment