Monday, September 9, 2013

Day One

In true procrastinator fashion I started TMC a week later. As you may have guessed by the title, today is my first day. I'll admit that I cheated in a small way, instead of using fresh squeezed lemon juice I bought organic pre-squeezed juice. I'm really hoping that doesn't make too much of a difference bu we'll see...

I'll level with you guys; while I do want to clean my body and reboot my system and all, a big part of this cleanse is because I want to lose weight. Now hear me out, I am not expecting a miracle cure and I am perfectly aware that I will gain back most of what I lose while on the cleanse. My goal is to try to get rid of my junk food cravings and eating fixations (i.e. going out to dinner as a recreational activity). I am hoping that by the elimination of all foods for an extended period of time, I will be able to get myself into the mindset of wanting healthier foods. I know that once I transition back into food again I will have to be really careful not to binge or fall back on my old habits. I do have the benefit of my wonderful best friend Luisa who is willing to take the challenge with me, so at least we'll be hungry together. We'll see how far our willpower can take us...


P.S. In case you're wondering, yes I am starving.

No comments:

Post a Comment