Monday, September 17, 2012

The City of Eternal Summers

I love Miami. Like, 305 til I die kind of love. To most people (non-Miami residents), Miami is solely comprised of South Beach. That is so not the case. Miami is a way of life. It is a tribe, and its natives are happy-go-lucky, Corona in our veins, party til we can't stand kind of folk.

Maybe its all the sun and humidity. Maybe its the saltwater, or Cuban coffee, or the palm trees, or the nightlife, or the mojitos...what was my point again? Oh yea, we are one of a kind. Ask any true Miamian and they will tell you the same. I mean, what could be better than driving around on a gorgeous day with the music blaring? It is damn near impossible not to be happy here, despite the God awful traffic. 

I honestly can't pin down one main reason why I love it here. Sure it has its problems, but so does every other city in the world. Every outsider views us as a vacation spot but that's the beauty of it. While most of the country dreams of migrating to NY or LA, our city stays ours (except in the winter). In my eyes we have our own little paradise. We have everything you could ever want. Okay so we don't have cold winters, but who likes to shovel snow anyway? Living here makes you warm (actually blazing hot) right down to your soul. We carry sunshine on our skin. Being tan is not a fashion statement, it's an inevitable fact of life.

One day, far far away, I will grow up. I will want to get married and have a family. I will want to live somewhere with cul-de-sacs and ALL of the four seasons. One day I will see Miami as a vacation spot. I will call another city home and begrudgingly accept the cold. Until that day I plan to enjoy my perfect little home to the fullest. Some people may call that settling or never thinking of my future, but the way I see it, I will only be a Miami girl once. I will only be young once. Unless reincarnation is real, but I already planned that with Rossy and David so I'm covered.

I guess what I'm trying to day is that if Drake is right and we really only live once, there is no where else I'd rather be



.

No comments:

Post a Comment