Sunday, September 2, 2012

I didn't write it for you...

The more I write the more I am starting to take into account how the things I say will affect the people I say them to. That wouldn't be a problem for most people because they can put their emotions on the back burner in order to satisfy their own needs, I can't. My hope is that the people whom my letters are addressed to will understand that I didn't write them for them. I write for me. I have no intentions of stirring up the past or going back to the way things were. My only intention is to release the things that I feel. I am well aware that some of the things I write will hurt people and poke at a lot of old wounds, but that's not what I want. Nothing that I write is meant to fix any of my mistakes. The letters I've written to my exes and ex friends are not meant to change the current state of our relationships. I guess what I'm trying to say is that all I want is to speak my peace while I still can...nothing more and nothing less.

No comments:

Post a Comment