Wednesday, August 29, 2012

On a happier note...

Tomorrow is my birthday!

To be honest I wasn't all that excited about it. My recent stint of perpetual unemployment has left me drained of all funds and DEEP in the financial hole. Thankfully I've started working a new job and will receive my first paycheck this Friday, here's the catch, because I'm so deep in the hole my first check will go as it easily as it came. The only thing I hope to gift myself is being able to bring my cat home (mom, if you're reading this please let me bring Sophie this weekend). Aside from that, I expected no celebration of my birthday and was relatively OK with that.

Then I spoke to my friend Phoebe (we've been friends since I was in 8th grade), and she was not about to hear that I wasn't going to celebrate my day. She invited me out to a pub-style bar in the neighborhood we used to live in and that is where I will be celebrating my 22nd year of life. Well, on Friday night actually because its never a good idea to go to work with a hangover so I'm giving myself the weekend to sleep it off.

I'm officially excited about my birthday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment