Tuesday, August 28, 2012

My mother suggested I make a blog...

I am aware that it sounds a bit pathetic, but I think she's on the right track so here I go. I should tell you a little about me;

My name is Natalia but everyone calls me Nat.

In exactly 2 days I will be 22 years young.

I work as a receptionist (so I have a lot of free time).

I've been writing since I was about 11 but I've never really completed any project I've started.

Piggy-backing on that last point, I will tell you why I have made this blog. It was sort of inspired by the movie Julie & Julia. See, she wanted to cook her way through Julia Child's book and in order to make sure she completed it she made a blog to hold her self accountable to wondrous world of the Internet. I'm kind of going with the same idea. On Friday I began a new project. Sort of a book of open letters to various people in my life (past, present, and future). I don't know if it's any good but I'm going to finish it.

Like Julie I am giving myself a year to finish writing it. At the anniversary of the creation of this blog, I will mail out as many copies of my book as I can afford to print out to various publishers and hope for the best (or hyper-ventilate until they respond). Will it get published? I have no idea. But the idea of growing some balls and actually going through with this is just too tempting. So here goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment