Tuesday, August 28, 2012

First Letter: To the self-proclaimed love of my life. Also, you’re a fuckwad.


I wonder if you still think of me. I kind of like to think that you do. Not because I want you to miss me or anything (actually I totally want you to miss me). In a weird way, I just want to matter to you. I want you to care because I cared for so long. I often find myself playing out different tragic scenarios in my head. You know the ones where I end up in a coma and you'd rush to my bedside...those. In my imagination you always save me, which is stupid because in reality you're the last person I can count on to come to my aide.
I used to believe in magic and fairy tales. Not the Disney kind, but the real life kind. Where a boy and a girl could fall in love and overcome all the shit and just stay in love. Then you happened. Now I wake up and feel empty. I don't feel like myself. It's like you sucked all the magic out of me.
I thought I would be over you by now. Everyone thinks I should be over you by now. And yet, here I sit, feeling sad and broken. I don’t know why I write you these letters. I know I’ll never send them and even if I did I know they would only make you happy because it would confirm that despite all the bullshit you’ve put me through, I still love you. I’ve always loved you. I can’t even remember loving anyone before you and God knows I won’t let myself love anyone now. I just can’t shake the feeling that you and I are meant to be. I still think that you do love me, that one day we will be happy together, that all of this is just the shitty part before the great part.
It’s either that, or you’re fuckwad and you sincerely enjoy watching me suffer. I don’t know what to do. I wish I could ask you because in many ways you’re still my best friend. I would never dare ask you though. I know the answer would be cruel and painful. Maybe all your cruel words are the truth. Maybe you don’t love me anymore. Maybe it’s all in my head and I’m just obsessed with you. But my heart (or more specifically the part of my brain that controls emotions) refuses to accept it.
I wish I was stronger. I wish I was strong enough to just fucking move on already. To stop answering your phone calls and running to your house at your beck and call. I know you just use me. I know it’s killing me to let you use me. I can’t help myself though. I crave it like a fucking crack fiend. It’s not that the sex is mind-blowing (well sometimes it is), it’s just the being with you part. The “we’re still good at this” part. It feels a little like us, or who we used to be. But you’re using me, I know you’re using me. I also know that I will continue to let you use me. If you’re a fuckwad then I’m the idiot in love with the fuckwad and that’s no better.
I keep going over (quite obsessively I might add) every mistake I made in our relationship. In my head our story is different. I fight for us. I move out and go live with you like you once asked me to. I put our relationship ahead of my own spoiled needs. In my head, we’re happy. In my head I didn’t fuck things up. Oh how I wish I could live in my head. Stay suspended forever in that magical alternate reality, but sure enough when I wake up you’re not there and I hate it. The real reality sucks.
I don’t know how much more I can take but I said the same thing last year and I’m still here. Sad and pathetic. I know that the main reason why you don’t give a shit is because you know I’m not going anywhere. You can do as you please and in the end I’ll still be there. It’s a depressing fucking existence. Maybe this is how it’ll always be. Maybe I’ll never move on and you’ll just continue to torture me forever. Fuck. I hope not. Please come back. It’ll be better this time, I promise.

Love,
Your pathetic Ex

P.S. You’re a fuckwad.

No comments:

Post a Comment