Thursday, August 22, 2013

1,000 in 1 year

So um, I just got my thousandth pageview...quite possible that it was just one of my friends and not a stranger, but nonetheless, its pretty exciting.

I started writing this blog almost a year ago to the date and I honestly never imagined how much my life could change in such a short time. I'm incredibly thankful to have the people in my life who form my support system. The one person that I have to thank more than anyone else is my mom. We've been through so much together and even if our relationship is still very fragile, I know we're on the way to a better place. My best friends have been incredible. You guys have stuck by me and shown me how to be a better version of myself. You love me and accept me for me and I couldn't be more thankful for you if I tried to be. Last but not least, my girlfriend has made a huge impact in me in the short time that she's been here. You've made me so happy and I am so lucky to have you. I still wonder sometimes how we got here and I can't wait to see where we're going baby. I love you very much not just for who you are, but for who I've become by loving you.

So you see, I'm a little more grown up than I was a year ago. I've become more financially responsible (pause for the shocked reaction). I've become happier with myself and with my life. I'm working on my issues with my family and while it's not perfect yet, we're getting there. Unfortunately, this year was not all sunshine and rainbows. I struggled with bouncing from job to job and endless amounts of drama. All of that pales in comparison to my dad passing away. It has rocked me to my core and I don't think I will ever be the same. I miss him every single day, but his death has helped me to hold myself to his standards and live my life in a way that would make him proud of me.

I hope I continue to write and I hope the few of you that read it are entertained by my weird self.  

No comments:

Post a Comment